1. Although I started quite a few audiobooks in the past, I never managed to finish one.
2. I’ve never read a horror book.
3. At least three-quarters of the books I’ve read so far are ebooks. I do love physical copies, but the shipping is insane, so I guess I’ll stick to the ebooks for now.
4. My favorite genre has to be young adult paranormal, but fantasy comes close.
5. As in regard to my favorite author, it’s a tie between Pierce Brown and Maggie Stiefvater.
6. The only book in English on my bookshelves is The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. Wait no, that’s a lie. I’ve got two more books. As I said before, CRAZY SHIPPING.
7. I usually read after midnight, which means a lot of my reads have been all-nighters. There is just something so magical about it. Unless it’s a school night. Then that’s a no-no.
8. Two of my favorite tropes are hate to love relationships and the villain as a love interest.
9. If a book has fairies in it, I’m sold. (Recommendations are always welcome. There will never be enough books about fae for me.)
10. I didn’t read much as a child and so I’ve never gotten around to reading Harry Potter, except for the first book. But I plan on changing that soon.
11. According to the Pottermore sorting test, my house is Ravenclaw, but to me it will always be Slytherin.
12. What got me into reading wasn’t actually a book, but a quote. I remember scrolling through Tumblr and then this pops up:
“Mara began as a question I needed to answer, but the longer I’d known her, the less I felt I actually knew. She was constantly surprising, infinitely complex. Unknowable. Unpredictable. I had never met anyone more fascinating in my life, and all the time in the world wouldn’t be enough to ever know her.”
Of course I needed to read this and so immediately after I saw this quote I went to Amazon and ordered ‘The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer’. For the next two days all I did was read and read. Before I knew it I finished the whole trilogy. It left me wanting for more and because of that I started looking for similar books. I found amazing authors, such as Tahereh Mafi, Sarah J. Maas, Laini Taylor and so many more.My life has never been the same ever since.
13. I love books with siblings.
14. My favorite booktubers have to be Hailey from HaileyInBookland, Katie from Katesbookdate and Sasha from abookutopia.
15. I love Beauty and the Beast retellings.
16. I like to marathon series and I usually wait until all the books are out. If I read the first book and don’t jump into the second one right away, it’s likely that I’ll never finish that series.
17. My favorite book to TV show adaptation is Shadowhunters.
18. I’m awful at writing reviews for my favorite books because I always feel I’m not doing them justice.
19. I’m not usually very affected by a character’s death. I’ll probably just sit in a corner, maybe shed a few tears and that’s it. However, there’s one death that I’ll never get over. Maggie Stiefvater ruined me forever.
20. I suck at multitasking so no snacks for me while reading.
21. I didn’t cry at TFIOS.
22. My signed book collection numbers a total of one book.
23. I used to jump to the last page of a book and read the last sentence, but I know better now. It took one big spoiler and a lot of disappointment to teach me that lesson.
24. If I’m really invested in a scene I have to cover the bottom of the page so I don’t get spoiled.
25. I keep my books under lock and key. Literally. My bookshelf is this pretty vintage piece that has glass doors and can be locked. No one gets to touch my books but me!
I’d love to hear some bookish facts about you, so be sure to leave a comment and share some of your reading habits or things that define you as a reader!